All information related to Privacy and Security that is conveyed must also be an awareness of Bitcoin.co.id Account Holders / Members so that it can be effectively implemented. There are several things that need an active role from the members of Bitcoin.co.id as the account owner. Next we need to convey tips on protecting your Bitcoin.co.id member account.
Cause of Your Account Getting Hacked
There are various possibilities why your account can be used by others:
- Access and login on the website phishing which resembles the official website www.bitcoin.co.id.
- Passwords are too easy to guess (name, date of birth, consecutive numbers, telephone number)
- Use an unofficial application (non-official) from Bitcoin.co.id.
- Use the same e-mail and password between website.
- Save e-mail data and passwords in the application cloud/drive online.
- Does not activate additional security features (2FA) provided. Example: Google Authenticator
- There is malware that infects your device. Example: Keylogger, Virus.
- Indication of Your Account in Unsafe Condition
There are several indicators if your account is being hacked:
- The existence of suspicious (unknown and unnatural) financial transaction and crypto assets in your transaction history.
- Change of data on account such as e-mail and cellphone number without your knowledge.
- Changes to security settings as deactivated 2FA without your knowledge.
What to do if you know your account has been hacked
- Change password immediately and activate 2FA Google Authenticator.
- Remove all APIs that are active in your account.
- You can lock the account via the login confirmation e-mail sent and the account will be locked for 24 hours.
- Immediately contact the Bitcoin.co.id support team via e-mail at the address [email protected] by listing the chronology.
How to Maintain the Security of Your Account
- Make sure you log in only at www.bitcoin.co.id (not from the page website phishing).
- Make a password that uses unique combinations (numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and symbols).
- Install additional security (2FA) like Google Authenticator.
- Make sure all e-mails related to the Bitcoin.co.id account are only from the domain “bitcoin.co.id” or “@indodax.com” not others.
- Perform periodic checks on account transaction history.
- Make sure to use the official application from Bitcoin.co.id only.
- Never use your Bitcoin.co.id Account password on another site.
- Bookmark www.bitcoin.co.id in the browser to anticipate site access phishing.
- Update the Operating System and browser regularly.